April and May
This is the first post of our monthly Thala engineering update series, intended to keep our community up to date on what we’re building from a technical standpoint — as well as provide useful information to the wider Move builder community. On the 6th of each month, we will release a medium article recapping relevant development updates.
This post covers what we’ve been building since the protocols mainnet launch.
New Product Features
- Implement veTHL to add utilities to THL holders including participating in Thala DAO governance, earning proportional protocol fees, etc.
- Implement CDP farming to incentivize MOD borrowers with THL emission rewards.
- Implement Peg Stability Module to strengthen the peg between MOD and USDC.
- Implement a linear vesting schedule for all THL emissions to flatten the THL supply curve.
- Support flash loans on ThalaSwap.
- Build Parliament — an Aptos-native DAO governance tool that supports voting strategies including veToken to onboard ThalaDAO.
- We’ve halved gas costs across all vault operations.
- Revamped stability (tweet), analytics (tweet), and swap pages.
- Add pagination support across all tables.
- Various bug fixes and user feedback addressed.
- Integrated with DefiLlama and become the #1 project (TVL-wise) on Aptos. (tweet)
- Integrated with Coingecko.
- Supporting wTBT as collateral to borrow MOD as our first RWA integration. (tweet)
- Supporting CAKE as collateral to borrow MOD. (tweet)
- Improved the developer experience of explorer.aptoslabs.com by adding the ability to view code, run transactions, and call view function API, all in browser! (tweet) (commits, commits)
- Built move-ts on top of the low-level official Aptos SDK, aiming to provide a type-safe and UX-friendly client for Aptos developers. Think viem but for Aptos. move-ts is currently under heavy development and we’re working to adopt it across our dApp codebase before officially releasing it to the community.
- surf 1.0 release
- Open-source thala-modules
- Mainnet 2.0 release
- [REDACTED] xchain Ethereum <> Aptos treasury bill integration
- Money market testnet launch on Aptos